If you’re going on a family vacation, it’s important to create memories together. So why not do something that will make the experience more enjoyable?
Campsite lighting is an easy way of doing just that! With all the excellent camping string lights available on the market today – from vibrant colors and sparkles for childrens’ campsites or elegant whites for a more romantic feel.
- Barry White In A Light
- Store LED Outdoor Dimmable Edison String Lights
- Luci String Lights
- Warm Outdoor Solar Star String Lights
- RGB Outdoor Dimmable Edison String Lights
- Vintage Heavy-Duty Outdoor String Lights
- Retro Travel Trailer Party String Lights
- Radiant Rechargeable ShineLine
- 25FT Dimmable Outdoor Globe String Lights
- 41ft Smart Outdoor Camping String Lights
- Luminoodle Portable LED Light Rope With Lantern Pouch
- 10 Tiny LED Lanterns
- Tips and guidelines on LED camping string lights
- Enjoying your LED string lights
Barry White In A Light
There isn’t any excuse not to have some fun and brighten up your basecamp.
My partner was the first to bring it up as it reminded her of a Glamping trip she had in Bali. I thought it was a bit much at first, but I have now come to enjoy the quaint string lighting touch.
String lights are not only efficient LEDs but create an inviting atmosphere for all campers and neighbors alike, whether they’re inside or outside!
10 Best Camping String Lights Of 2022 Reviewed
Below we list several string lights with differing colors, efficiency ratings, and the impact, such as fairy lights (which we love)!
Store LED Outdoor Dimmable Edison String Lights
LED, Warm Yellow, Corded Electric, 27ft – 418ft – 69ft options
The LECLSTAR lights are commercial-grade outdoor string lights and feature excellent quality LEDs plus thick wires for flexibility. In addition, they’re made from durable materials, so they’ll last longer and withstand weather conditions better.
Perfect for confidently hanging LED string lights around your campervan, basecamp, or outdoor picnic setting in any weather condition.
- Shatterproof design means you can store them in a moving campervan.
- They look great with the vintage-designed Edison style.
- Low power output coming in at just 1 watt per bulb
- The length options are few and far between. This option only provides a 48-foot string light which is 14 meters. More than enough to impress your partner and the other campers.
Luci String Lights
LED 100 Lumens, 20 Warm Yellow, Quick USB, 18ft
It is our choice for campers who want something simple but functional. It is more than generous with its length coming in at over 18 feet (roughly 5.5m) which is more than enough to cover your tent or eating area with enough lighting.
The best feature is that it has both solar and battery charge input via a USB port. We love this because, as you know, backcountry weather is less than reliable, which means you can charge up the string lights during sunny days (saving your generator) and still have an alternative charging source available for cloudy days.
- Handy LED indicator that shows when the batteries need replacing
- Three brightness levels for that romantic vibe
- Multiple charging methods, solar, batter and even smartphone
- Not IP65 Waterproof rating
Warm Outdoor Solar Star String Lights
8 Solar Modes, Warm White, Solar, 40ft, IP65 waterproof
If there is one unique product, these Keshi Star String Lights are these. The only downside is that it detracts from the actual stars that you may see in the outback.
The whopping 40 feet (12m) string of warm white LED stars is immaculate and a conversation starter. In addition, it has a dedicated solar charge and IP65 waterproof rating, which indicates its robustness for camping and the outdoors.
There are precisely 100 stars in this setup with a minuscule working voltage of 3 watts which is surprising for the eight light settings that it can handle.
- We love IP65 waterproof rating
- The eight light settings are up there in terms of options compared to most of the string lights mentioned so far
- It’s 40 feet, it can be seen as overkill, but it can be a bit bulky when transporting
- Solar charging option only, so what happens if it rains all week?
RGB Outdoor Dimmable Edison String Lights
13 Colours, LED Warm White & RGB, Solar, 2x48ft, Waterproof
The Brightever RGB outdoor string lights are entertainers. They feature the ability to cycle through 13 different colors, but they can handle multiple shades simultaneously.
It has several light modes, such as strobe, fade, and flash, but it can also react to sound and music. While it comes with two remote controls, we doubt they will need to be used as the Brightevers entertain autonomously.
- 13 changing colors that can handle more than one color at a time
- Can react to sound and automatically adjusts
Vintage Heavy-Duty Outdoor String Lights
Incandescent, Warm White, 48ft, Waterproof
There is a reason why over 18k users love these bulbs on Amazon, and is touted as an Amazon Choice product. The Addlon outdoors string lights are commercial grade weatherproof, highly durable, and most importantly, look great.
While it might not react to music and change colors, what the Addlon offers is reliability.
- High-quality commercial-grade materials from the sting, hooks, and Edison bulb
- The lights are dimmable and can connect to an out of brand ordinary dimmer
- The bulb spacing can be to far apart depending on taste and requirement
Retro Travel Trailer Party String Lights
10 Light Multicolor, Warm White, 8ft Strand, Weatherproof
The Campco Outdoor String Lights are quirky and entertaining. However, unlike the previous string lights mentioned, this one isn’t overkilling.
The 8-foot length of the string, which presents a total of 10 multicolored campervan-shaped LED’s is more than enough to show on the patio or weather shield area of your campervan or tent.
- It requires minimal power coming in at 120 volts but still provides overload protection
- It comes with a few spare bulbs and fuses, which is not usual but a bonus
- It doesn’t have a waterproof rating but is listed for indoor/outdoor use.
Radiant Rechargeable ShineLine
Battery Powered, Warm White, 10ft String, Splashproof
This one brings back memories of outdoor music festivals when you would wrap an armband glowstick around your wrist.
The Nite Ize provides the same concept with a 10-foot fiber optic LED that is rechargeable via USB or regular power and even a car charger. We love the simplicity of its design and the packability of the product.
- Flexible, packable rope design and has a few modes up its sleeve like flash and glow.
- Holds 6 hours of light before it needs a charge
- It’s detailed as being splash-proof, and we all know that splashes are on the low end of weather experience you could face in the backcountry.
25FT Dimmable Outdoor Globe String Lights
25, 50, 100 bulbs, Warm White, 25, 50, 100ft, Indoor & Outdoor Use.
The GUDDL outdoor string lights are known for looking great and producing a warm and inviting environment, so much so that they have been famously featured on the hit TV show Greys Anatomy.
What’s great about these lights is that they recreate the traditional filament household lights that used to exist before everyone started replacing them with LED’s.
- End to End connectable means you can connect multiple strings
- It comes with 12 months guarantee for the line and three months for the bulbs
- The bulb glass can be sensitive and haveThe bulb glass can be sensitive and has been known to break easily.
41ft Smart Outdoor Camping String Lights
Symphony Lamp Beads, LED Type: 5050RGB, 41ft, IP65 Waterproof
The Cheeroll Outdoor Camping Strings Lights are as innovative as they come. They feature 210 built-in scenes and a dedicated symphony app that allows you to control the exact color and lighting to the finest detail.
It also provides in-app timers, so you don’t have to remember to turn the lights off at the end of the night.
- A solid waterproof rating means you can warm the environment mood even if it’s raining
- Has a sensitivity microphone that can adjust and sync to music rhythm
- USB charging and lighting only
Luminoodle Portable LED Light Rope With Lantern Pouch
180 Lumens, Warm White, 5ft, Not Waterproof
The shortest camping light or noodle, as they call it, produces a solid 180 lumens of light. It’s a very personal light at being only 5ft, so it is mainly used as a light source and an identifier.
You would expect these to entertain a party of campers, but they are great for basecamp when you have to run out at night to brush your teeth quickly.
- It comes with a ripstop pouch which you can house the string lights and thus acts as a lamp
- It’s very flexible, packable
- It’s not waterproof, which is quite an essential feature that’s missing for an outdoor product
- USB chargeable only
10 Tiny LED Lanterns
180 Lumens, Warm White, 6ft, Not Waterproof
I decided to include these because who doesn’t want mini Coleman lamps strung in the form of a camping string light.
But more than just an entertainingly cute product, they do provide utility by being able to produce 20 hours of light from only 3xAA batteries.
- Because they are battery-powered that are the ultimate portable camping string lights of the bunch. Additionally, they weigh a mere 12.8 oz, so you will hardly feel them in your pack.
- A few have complained that they are too bright. Too bright is better than too dull, in our opinion.
Tips and guidelines on LED camping string lights
As you can see above, there are several types and styles of camping string lights that you can choose from. There are the practical line and noodle versions of LED strings like the Coleman, Practical Power, and the Nite Ize.
Or there are the head-turners, the entertainers, and mood lighting options such as LECLSTAR, Addlon, and the GUDDL. Whatever style or brand you choose, make sure to decide on the feature you find essential vigorously.
Do you choose weight and portability over length and durability, or are you more interested in the entertainment features such as music recognition, light modes.
Most importantly, make sure to cover the power methods and water rating for each camping string light, as these features are critical to how you will use these lights at the end of the day.
How to hang LED camping string lights
- Unpack and organize your camping lights on a flat surface
- Make sure to adjust and account for the power source. Will the string lights reach the power source from where you will hang them up?
- Choose to hang or string the outdoor LED string lights up. We suggest using Command Hooks, but these are not usually the items you think of packing for a camping trip
- String or wrapping the protected area of the camping string light should suffice. The over and under method works great for providing stability in windy conditions
- Ensure that the string lights don’t come into contact with any corrosive or flammable materials or become a trip hazard.
Enjoying your LED string lights
While outdoor camping string lights are not considered essential, it is still a fantastic addition, just like having hot water showers while camping. Not necessary, but a darn good addition.
It’s a tremendous feeling that lifts the mood and character of the backcountry experience.
Most of the camping string lights mentioned have warranty and guarantees, so if you decide one isn’t for you, consider the feature you need and feel free to try out more LED string lights.